This website is owned and operated by Desert Botanical Garden, Inc. (collectively, “DBG,” “we,” “our,” or “us”), an Arizona nonprofit corporation devoted to the conservation, display, study and dissemination of knowledge regarding desert plants. We operate this website (www.www.rootgalaxys3iii.com) and we take your privacy very seriously. We are committed to respecting and protecting the privacy of visitors to our website including mobile versions of our website. If you have any questions, comments, or requests regarding this policy or the information practices of DBG, please contact us using the contact information below.
IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THIS POLICY, PLEASE DO NOT USE DBG’S WEBSITE OR PROVIDE DBG WITH YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION. Your use of DBG’s website and/or mobile applications indicates your acceptance of this policy and of the collection and use of your personally identifiable information in accordance with this policy.
THE PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may collect two basic types of information from you in conjunction with your use of our website – personal information and non-personal information.
“Personal information” is any information that can individually identify you and includes, as an illustrative example and without limitation, your contact information such as your name, telephone number, email address, city, state, country, and zip code.
“Non-personal information” includes information that does not personally identify you, but may include, as an illustrative example and without limitation, tracing and usage information about your location, use of our website and the internet, etc.
There are a number of circumstances in which you voluntarily supply us with personal information. The following lists the most common ways in which we collect your personal information:
- If you register for an account on our website;
- If you engage in certain transactions, such as making a donation on our website, which may require you to input other personal information such as credit card numbers, and bank account numbers;
- If you apply to volunteer, you may optionally enter other personal information such as date of birth, education and employment information, background, and emergency contact information;
- If you apply for a job with us, you may submit employment-related information 1) provided on job applications through the website or electronically, 2) as it relates to our Human Resources Department, and 3) for LinkedIn referrals. This information may include, for example, job preferences, work history, and other personal information;
- If you apply for membership, you may optionally enter certain personal information for those you include on your membership. We may ask you to provide us with information regarding your personal or professional interests, demographics, experience with our programs, and more detailed contact preferences;
- If you participate on social media accounts involving DBG;
- If you submit questions, comments, or feedback through the website, or otherwise;
- We may conduct surveys, contests, promotions on the website, and we may give you the opportunity to participate in these. Participation may require that you submit certain personally identifiable information to DBG, and we will collect and store this information. However, your participation is strictly voluntary and is not required to continue to use the website, applications, and services, so you have a choice whether or not to submit this information; or
- Any other place on the website where you knowingly volunteer personal information
SOCIAL MEDIA AND PERSONAL INFORMATION
DBG uses a variety of social media options to communicate and interact with consumers. When interacting with a DBG presence on those social media websites, you may opt to reveal certain personal information. We may collect the personal information that you make available to us on that page or account, including any information you have made public in connection with that social media service. Any personal information you have chosen to share on any DBG social media pages will be visible to persons visiting those pages, and privacy on those pages is governed by the privacy policies of those social media companies. Other than to respond to posts or answer questions, DBG will not use personal information provided on its social media pages without permission from you.
Our website includes social media widgets, such as Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. These features collect information about your IP address and which page you’re visiting on our Website, and they may set a cookie to make sure their features function properly. Social media features and widgets are either hosted by a third party or hosted directly on our Website. Your interactions with those features are governed by the privacy policies of the companies that provide them.
DBG respects the privacy of children, and we are committed to complying with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA). We don’t knowingly collect personally identifying information from anyone under the age of 13 unless we first obtain permission from the child’s parent or legal guardian. If we become aware that we have inadvertently received personal information provided by a visitor under the age of 13 without permission from a parent or legal guardian, we will delete the information from our records. A child’s parent or legal guardian can also request that the personal information of their child be deleted from our records.
When you visit our website, we may collect certain information by automated means. For example, our systems may collect information about:
- The name and domain and host from which you access the Internet, including the Internet Protocol (IP) address of the device you are using and/or the IP address of your Internet Service Provider (ISP);
- Your activity on the website, such as the date and time you access the website, the length of your stay, and the pages you access while visiting our website;
- The address of the referring website, if any;
- Websites visited before or after you visit our website; or
- The type of mobile device you use, your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of your mobile device, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser you use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
We use this information to monitor the usage of our website services, assess performance, ensure technological compatibility with your device, and understand the relative importance of the information provided on the services. We may also use this data to conduct statistical analyses on visitors’ usage patterns, such as surveying webpage duration, and other data in an aggregated and individualized manner.
We may use and store information about your location if you give us permission to do so. We use this data to provide features of our website, which includes improving and customizing our services. You can enable or disable location services when you use our website at any time by way of your device settings.
COOKIES AND ANALYTICS
Non-personal information and certain personal information may be collected using automated technologies such as cookies. A “cookie” is a text file that our website would send to your computer or mobile device to identify your browser or to store information or settings in your browser. We may use this automatically collected information to track engagement with our website. We also use this information to operate, maintain, and manage our website. Most browsers are initially set to accept cookies, but you can change your settings to notify you when a cookie is being set or updated, or to block cookies altogether. Please consult the “Help” section of your browser for more information. Please note that by blocking any or all cookies, you may not have access to certain features, content, or personalization available through the Website. Additionally, if you would like to avoid cookies, view our site in “privacy mode.”
We, as well as third-party vendors acting on our behalf (such as Google or Facebook), may use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies), tracking pixels, and scripting techniques and third-party cookies, tracking pixels, and scripting techniques to gather anonymous analytics and statistics about our Services and how they are being used by our visitors so we can improve our Services. Our web server storage logs may collect the domain names, internet protocol addresses, the types of web browsers, and certain data of visitors to the website.
Data about your activities online may be collected for use in providing advertising tailored to your individual interests, either by us, our affiliates, or third parties. We may work with third parties such as network advertisers and ad exchanges to serve advertisements across the internet and may use third party analytics service providers to evaluate and provide us and/or third parties with information about the use of these ads on third party websites and viewing of ads and of our content.
We and these third-party vendors, including Google, may use third-party technologies (such as a Facebook Custom Audience Pixel) together with our own first party technologies in order to analyze ad impressions, your use of ad services, and interactions with these ad impressions and ad services. The information collected may also include information about your visits to website, including the pages you have viewed and what content you have seen. These third-party tracking technologies may be set to, among other things: (a) help deliver advertisements to you that you might be interested in; (b) prevent you from seeing the same advertisements too many times; and (c) understand the effectiveness of the advertisements that have been delivered to you.
You can opt out of certain advertising by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative consumer opt out page at http://optout.networkadvertising.org/, by using the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on available at http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout, or by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out page at http://www.aboutads.info/choices. For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit Google’s Privacy & Terms web page: http://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en. Please note, at this time we do not respond to browser-based “do not track” signals.
HOW WE USE THE PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
As non-limiting examples, we may use the personal information we collect in a variety of ways, including to:
- Provide you with the best customer experience possible;
- Help you complete and confirm a transaction, enable us to contact you if a problem arises with your transaction, and to communicate back to you;
- Provide you with personalized and customized services and products, including benefits, specials, offers, contests, invitations, and promotions;
- Respond to your requests or questions for information on membership, volunteering, events, or to any other requests or questions;
- Remember you when you visit our website;
- Measure the use of the website and improve the content of the website;
- Address network integrity and security issues;
- Perform internal marketing analyses with aggregated data; or
- Comply with applicable laws and as otherwise allowed by law.
If you purchase items or receive materials from DBG, your personal information may be collected by and/or shared with third parties working with us.
EMAIL AND OTHER COMMUNICATIONS
DBG or third parties that it uses may contact you by email or other means at an address that you have provided to us. If you do not want to receive an email from us, please “unsubscribe” through the link that is included in our emails. If you do not want to receive mailings, simply tell us when you give us your personal information or follow the directions to remove your name from our mailing list.
PERSONAL INFORMATION SHARED WITH OTHERS
We will only share the personal data you provide online with other entities or business partners who are acting on our behalf for the uses described here. DBG does not sell or trade your personal information with third parties.
We may make your information available to certain third-party service providers, such as contractors, vendors, or distributors who help us manage or provide services offered on our website, such as hosting, analytics, customer service, etc. We require that all our service providers keep personal information confidential and not disclose it to third parties and not use it for any other purpose. For example, when processing payment for a transaction, DBG may provide your personal information to a third-party payment processor. If you check the applicable box to consent to disclosing your personally identifiable information to third parties, DBG may share aggregated user statistics and information with third parties.
We may also use or disclose your personal information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to (a) conform to applicable law or comply with legal process served on us or the website; (b) respond to requests from public and government authorities; (c) protect and defend our rights or property, the website, or our users; (d) act under emergency circumstances to protect the personal safety of us, our affiliates, agents, the users of the Website, or the public; or e) assist with identify verification, and to prevent fraud and identify theft.
MERGER, SALE, OR BANKRUPTCY
If we sell all or part of our business, or make a sale or transfer of our assets, or are otherwise involved in a merger or transfer of all or a material part of our business, or are involved in a bankruptcy, DBG may transfer your information to the party or parties involved as part of that transaction.
We are concerned about ensuring the security of your personal information. Your personal information is collected and stored in a secure cloud database. Information that you submit for your sole personal use through DBG’s services and applications is encrypted to prevent unauthorized access, and DBG does not access the unencrypted information without your permission. We use industry-wide, standard, commercially reasonable efforts to protect your personal information from access, loss, misuse, alteration, or destruction by any unauthorized party. These include physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect. There is no 100% secured platform available in the industry and we cannot guarantee the security of the information, nor can we guarantee that information you supply in connection with use of the website will not be intercepted while being transmitted to us over the Internet or wireless communication. Any information you transmit to the website is at your own risk. We do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information or private communications will always remain private.
If you make an online purchase with us through use of a credit card, we encrypt your credit card number. Where you use a DBG service or application to store your personally identifiable information for access only by you, and where the information is not submitted to DBG in order to obtain access to DBG’s services or applications, such personally identifiable information is encrypted and password-protected, and accessible only by you. If we need to ship something to you, we must share your name and address with a shipping company.
“DO NOT TRACK” PRACTICES
We do not honor do-not-track signals from browsers or other consumer choice mechanisms regarding the collection of behavioral tracking data.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
We may offer links to sites that are not operated by DBG. If you visit one of those linked sites, you should review its privacy and other policies. We are not responsible for the policies and practices of other companies.
By Mail: Desert Botanical Garden
1201 N. Galvin Parkway
Phoenix, AZ 85008
By Phone: 480.941.1225
By Email: email@example.com
Last modified: 12/2019